Gum Diseases and Treatments in Dubai
Updated on Thursday 04th August 2016
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
Gum diseases, known in dental care as periodontal diseases, represent one of the most common oral affections. They can manifest as a genetic predisposition or they can appear as the result of an unhealthy lifestyle. Depending on the gravity of the medical situation, the patient can lose the natural tooth. Our dentists in Dubai can recommend a certain dental treatment, suitable to your dental problem.
Symptoms of gum diseases
The simplest indicator that a patient may be suffering from gum diseases is the fact that the gum is swollen. If so, you should take into consideration a dental check-up at our dental clinic in Dubai, to see how the disease can be stopped from evolution. Others symptoms may include redness of the gums, bleeding when brushing, bad breath, recede gum line, mouth sores.
Gum diseases are usually the result of bacteria living in the oral region. Along with other particles that can be found in the mouth, these form the plaque at the base of the tooth, which can affect the soft tissues.
Types of gum diseases
Our dentists in Dubai are ready to perform interventions which can heal or attenuate the medical problem you are dealing with. There are two types of gum diseases and both of them can be treated:
1. Gingivitis – The inflammation of the gums, determined by the plaque on the teeth, is called gingivitis. It is treatable and it can be reversed if the patient adopts a dental routine of brushing, flossing and regular appointments to the dental clinic.
2. Periodontitis – When gingivitis is left untreated, it turns into periodontitis. The swollen gums pull away from the tooth, leaving the area exposed to infections. If it is left untreated, the person suffering from periodontitis can lose the tooth from the injured area, as the infected tissue can no longer sustain its function.
Dental treatments in Dubai for gum diseases
Our dentist in Dubai can perform non-surgical treatments – such as professional dental cleaning (the dentist cleans the plaque and tartar, which can’t be removed by brushing) or scaling and root planning – a dental procedure done under local anesthetic in which the dentist will remove the plaque located under the gums.
More complicated medical cases can be solved by surgical treatments, such as:
• flap surgery – gums are lifted to their natural position;
• bone grafts – replacing the bone destroyed by gum disease;
• tissue grafts – refilling the area where the gums receded.
If you are interested on further details about surgical methods for the treatment of gum diseases, please contact our dental clinic in Dubai, who will provide a personalized dental plan according to your situation.