How to Choose a Pediatric Dentist in Dubai
|From what age can a child go to the dentist?|| |
It is recommended to make the first visit to the dentist after the appearance of the first baby teeth, around 6 months - 1 year.
What conditions can occur in baby teeth?
Caries are the most common problem in children. They can be solved with special treatments tailored to the age of the kid.
How should the first visit with the child to the dentist take place?
Both children and parents will become familiar with the atmosphere in the dental clinic.
The dentist will interact in a friendly way with the little one and will start the routine check-up.
|Treatments that can be attended by children aged between 1 and 3 years|| |
- fluoridation of baby teeth,
- treatments to eliminate dental deficiency
|Treatments for children older than 3 years|| |
- tooth sealing, as a method of caries prevention,
- anti-bruxism treatments
|When is it indicated to wear dental brackets?|| |
Starting with the age of 6-7 years, if the permanent teeth are crowded or crooked.
|Home care oral hygiene for children|| |
Tooth cleaning with soft and damp cloths for babies.
Use of toothpaste, in small quantities, for children older than 2 years.
|Special nutrition couseling offered (YES / NO)|| |
|Detection of nursing-bottle caries|| |
The pediatric dentist in Dubai can do panoramic dental x-rays to investigate the pulp chamber.
Then, he/she will offer age-appropriate treatments.
|Toothbrushing for children|| |
Parents need to teach their little ones how to brush their teeth. The recommendation is to brush the teeth every evening. Children can also use dental floss and mouthwash after the age of 7.
|Is drug sedation recommended for children?|| |
Yes, but it is performed by specialist doctors, in conditions of maximum safety.
|Surgical intervention for dental problems of children||Only if other treatments do not work and if the pediatric dentist has a better alternative.|
|What to rely on when looking for a pediatric dentist in Dubai|| |
- a friendly manner to interact with children,
- the ability to explain in detail the treatments provided,
- experience in pediatric dentistry
|The importance of oral hygiene for children|| |
Healthy habits with brushing teeth develop at an early age.
The child who has become an adult will have healthy teeth if he/she respects the principles of oral hygiene.
|Why choose our pediatric dentist in Dubai|| |
- experience in working with children,
- extra attention to children's needs,
- quality services
Finding the pediatric dentist for your child
A proper pediatric dentist in Dubai knows how to take care of a child when having the first dental visit. There are numerous dental clinics in Dubai that have particular rooms specially created for kids, with a great and relaxed environment. Communication is extremely important, therefore, a pediatric dentist in Dubai will have a particular task and that is to talk to the child and create a friendly atmosphere. Such doctors know how to deal with sensitive children and their worried parents. As for adults, we remind them that on request and if needed, they can receive dental implants in Dubai. This is a suitable method to regain the smile and self-esteem. Here is an infographic about the treatments offered by our pediatric dentist in Dubai:
How to choose the best pediatric dentist in Dubai?
Choosing a good pediatric dentist in Dubai for your child is an important decision that requires consideration. Here are a few things to take into account before committing to a dental clinic in Dubai.
- Choose the best pediatric dentist in Dubai: In addition to the knowledge and expertise a general dentist has when it comes to oral hygiene, a pediatric dentist possesses extra experience focused on the special requirements a child has.
- Ask for recommendations: Find a doctor that has good reviews, a clean office, and has all the licenses and credentials. All pediatric doctors in Dubai should be a member of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD).
- Visit the doctor’s office: The office should be hygienic, well organized, child-proof, and attractive to the eye of a kid. It should make the child feel safe and calm. Ideally, it should also have an entertainment corner, that the small patient could use while waiting in order to give him a sense of familiarity.
- Communicate to the dentist: Before booking an appointment with a dentist in Dubai, describe the problem to the dentist in detail. And if after the doctor's visit, the solution is a major procedure, do not hesitate to ask for a second opinion before committing to a certain diagnosis.
- Check the office's availability: Make sure the pediatric dentist's office has convenient hours for appointments compatible with your schedule.
- Take into account the location of the dental clinic in Dubai.
Choosing the right pediatric dentist can be a sensitive matter for certain parents. If you want a professional opinion, do not hesitate to contact our professional pediatric dentist in Dubai
What are the conditions that can occur in baby teeth?
There are several conditions that can occur in baby teeth, that require the attention of a good pediatric dentist in Dubai:
- Cavities: Tooth decay is the most common dental condition and unfortunately children can suffer from this problem as well.
- Early childhood caries: This problem can appear due to the presence of certain bacteria in the mouth. Another major cause is the often consumption of sugar found in sweet beverages, candy, and milk. This can cause serious and unpleasant distress to the child.
- Teething: Teething is a natural process. In the first 12 months of a baby's life, teething can be painful and unpleasant. This can bring unease, suffering, and a generally bad state.
- Thumb-sucking: This common custom that can calm the small child, can also bring a lot of stress later on in life. It can change the entire aesthetic of the mouth.
- Bottle feeding: Similar to the previous situations, bottle feeding can change the aesthetic of the face and it can even cause cavities.
- Lack of vitamins: Nutritional deficiencies can make the teeth become more sensitive and weak.
- Injury: This situation requires immediate intervention.
- Oral habits: Children usually have a hard time respecting oral hygiene habits.
It's important to maintain regular dental check-ups at experienced dental clinics in Dubai.
Proper oral hygiene for children and babies
In order to prevent future problems it is important to start early monitoring the oral hygiene of your child.
If we are referring to babies it is advisable to limit the sugar intake, not encourage prolonged thumb sucking or pacifier usage, and remember to do regular check-ups at a pediatric dentist in Dubai.
As for older children, building an oral hygiene routine is crucial. It has to come naturally for them to do. And ideally, it should not feel like a chore. Encourage your child to brush their teeth at least two times a day, in the morning and in the evening before bed. Slowly introduce in their routine other elements as well (mouthwash, dental floss).
Furthermore, keep their level of sugar intake in check and schedule regular dental checkups at good dental clinics in Dubai.
Do not forget to make the doctor's visit a fun experience for them, so that they do not associate the experience with pain.
A dental check-up for your child
Once you and your child get accustomed to the dental clinic in Dubai, the pediatric dentist will proceed with the main dental check-up. He or she will explain to parents and children the dental instruments and the main steps involved in this procedure. The existing teeth are searched for decay and any potential gum issues. If it is necessary, the Dubai pediatric dentist will gently clean the teeth of the child and apply fluoride treatments.
Parents are advised to observe the child’s behavior, in order to see how the teeth are developing, and if oral habits like thumb sucking are affecting the denture. Moreover, they are in charge of the proper oral health of the kids, by helping them correctly brush their teeth. Here is a video about how to choose a pediatric dentist in Dubai:
Is it hard to find a pediatric doctor in Dubai?
- The experience of a pediatric dentist is the first thing to look for.
- Recommendations from family and friends are always welcomed.
- Doing research on the internet is a good idea, as you can find interesting reviews and testimonials.
- Some parents might be interested in the certification of pediatric dentists in Dubai.
Among the benefits of dental implants in Dubai, we mention the return to the normal and natural functions of the teeth, as well as a correct smile and oral health that meets expectations. Such treatments are recommended with confidence to people who want to make a change and have an alternative for missing teeth. We, therefore, invite you to discover our dental services and the prices involved for the treatments offered.
Making an appointment and checking the atmosphere
Persons who want to straighten their teeth can discover orthodontics services in Dubai. We have a team of specialist doctors in this field, who can offer the correct treatments for this type of problem. First of all, an evaluation of the teeth will be done to solve any problems. Next comes the fitting of the dental appliance made of metal, ceramic, or sapphire, depending on the choices or recommendations. Our dentists can give you information about the prices for this type of treatment.
Picking the right pediatric dentist in Dubai
The importance of pediatric dental care
According to recent studies revealed by the Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) in the UK, the recommendation is to reduce the average population's maximum intake of sugar by 50% and not surpass 5% of the total dietary energy absorption. Moreover, parents are advised to reduce the portion of sugary soft drinks for their kids and help them drink more water instead. This is highly recommended for the overall health of the little ones, particularly at the time the denture develops.
The difference between a general and a pediatric dentist
- persons spend about 38,5 days of their lives brushing their teeth;
- the first toothbrush with bristles was invented in 1498 in China;
- around 61% of adults are attracted by a beautiful smile in the first place;
- coconuts can reduce the risk of gum diseases and can enhance the smile;
- there are more than 300 types of bacteria in dental plaque;
- a snail’s mouth can have around 25,000 teeth.